Photo courtesy of Seatrek Bali
DRAGONS, whale sharks & corals
LAND & CRUISING east of BALI
back on track for 2021
21 June - 01 July 2021
Many travel plans, including our three escorted tours, have been cancelled during 2020, due to the global Corona virus pandemic, and right now in April 2020, there is no way of knowing when the world of travel will return to normal. But at Custom Touring we are already hard at work planning some special escorted tours for you in 2021. Although it is not possible to give exact rates at this time, as much is still in limbo in this regard, we have a proposed itinerary for a very special destination where we want to offer our travelers an immersion in the best Nature has to offer, and the opportunity to relax and enjoy the simple things, away from big city life. So Indonesia is on track again, with land touring on the magical island of Bali, followed by a 6 night cruise East of Bali aboard a traditional wooden pinisi boat.
As this will be a small group tour, you are welcome to put your name down now to provisionally book your place, but deposits will only be requested once the travel industry returns to normal, international flights can again be booked and we can be fairly certain our tour will go ahead in 2021.
Bali has enchanted visitors for centuries. One of the most beautiful and memorable places in the East, where volcanic mountains rise from delicately terraced rice fields, palm groves and white sandy beaches invite laziness. Dance, music, sculpture, wood carving and painting depict the daily life and gentle culture of the Balinese people.
- Spend three nights in the stunning Balinese foothills in the village of Ubud, surrounded by forests and paddy fields.
- Road transfer to east Bali with sightseeing along the way. Spend one night at a beach hotel before embarking on a 6 night cruise aboard our chartered traditional pinisi boat (Bugi schooner) with air conditioned cabins, for a comfortable island hopping experience. Follow the historic trade winds taking us on a journey of discovery to some of the still remote areas of the Indonesian archipelago.
- Quaint historic harbours, superb tropical beaches and the last remaining domain of the prehistoric Komodo “dragon” await.
- Swim with whalesharks and sea turtles, snorkel over beautiful coral reefs and experience rich traditional cultures in “off the beaten track” villages, or simply stay on board and relax.
- Enjoy a wonderful carefree journey through Nature at her best, while your tour leader takes care of everything, including luggage control and tipping.
Culture, Adventure, Wildlife on land and sea, Water activities, Conservation
- Explore the delightful village of Ubud
- View beautiful rice terraces in Tegalalang
- Visit Penglipuran Village, known for its well-preserved culture and village layout
- Enjoy authentic experiences, from the majestic and mythical culture, to the hospitality and courtesy of the locals
- Visit the Elephant Caves at Bedulu, dating back to the early 11th century
- Handpick fresh ingredients at a market for our cooking class in a traditional Balinese kitchen
- Visit Tenganan Village, a community still holding to the ancient 'Bali Aga' culture with its original traditions, ceremonies and rules of ancient Bali, and its unique village layout and architecture
- Explore the royal water palace of Tirta Gangga, a fabled maze of cold water pools and basins, spouts, tiered pagoda fountains, stone carvings and lush gardens
- Snorkel, paddle board, swim and explore the islands during our charter cruise aboard the Katharina.