Photo by Judy Vos
custom touring in ecuador
Ecuador mainland has so much to offer - you could spend a month here and not see it all! Your customized itinerary would take into account the interests and preferences of your group. On arrival you would be met by your guide and driver who will accompany you throughout your tour. Dependingon the time available, your itinerary could include all or some of the following experiences:
Depending on the time available, your itinerary could include all or some of the following experiences:
- Colonial Quito with its incredible old town, an urban jewel designated by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site
- Wonderful museums & Spanish colonial churches
- Live Quito like a local: visit the local market & artisanal workshops in the old town
- High altitude walk in an ecological sanctuary of 88,920 acres, surrounding the magnificent Cotopaxi Volcano, which rises 5,897 meters (19,347 feet) above sea level.
- The Andean Highlands in the Imbabura Province with its beautiful landscapes, handicrafts, Indian culture, colonial haciendas, great gastronomy and the famous Otavalo Market. There are a number of towns dedicated to specific crafts where it is possible to see the craftsmen at work.
- Hoe stay with an indigenous Andean family
- The misty cloud forest with its incredible diversity of avian fauna, particularly hummingbirds, as well as butterflies.
- Ecuadorian Amazon, known as the Oriente: glide down a dark water creek in a dugout canoe, forest hikes, parrot clay licks, meet members of the Quichua community, climb a canopy tower to view the world from above the treetops
- A chocolate and hot springs experience
- Visit a rose farm - Ecuador is the 2nd largest rose exporter in the world
- Option of various train journeys
Map courtesy of Wikitravel
Enjoy some photographs by Graham and Judy Vos from our 2017 escorted tour to Ecuador.