Photo by Judy Vos
custom touring in peru
machu picchu, nazca lines, lake titicaca
and the amazon
Peru, the archaeological and cultural jewel of South America, with intriguing remains of the fabled Inca empire. Depending on time available, the following could be included in your tour to Peru:
- Lima, the capital, with its beautiful colonial buildings
- The Sacred Valley of the Incas and its many Inca sites
- The lovely colonial city of Cusco, with its surrounding archaeological gems
- The mysterious Inca mountain fortress of Machu Picchu, undoubtedly the greatest archaeological discovery of modern times
- Puno and Lake Titicaca
- A flight over the Nasca lines
- The Atacama desert, subject to high altitude tolerance
- The Peruvian Amazon
The Peruvian winter (May – September) is the driest season and therefore the best time of year to travel, especially if you are planning to visit Cusco, the Sacred Valley area and Machu Picchu.
Map courtesy of Wikitravel
Tripadvisor's Travelers' Choice - Destinations
has voted Cusco in Peru No 23 in the world on the list of most popular destinations - March 2019
Traveling with family or friends?Use these sample itineraries to help you decide what to include in your trip. We will customize your itinerary to suit your interests, preferences and time available.
Enhance your Peru experience with an Amazon Adventure
This itinerary includes the more sacred side of Peru.
Nothing tells it like ones own photographs from a memorable tour - all photographs by Judy Vos, Custom Touring